Friday, April 27, 2012

Beneath the Shadows, by Sara Foster

Beneath the Shadows
Written by Sara Foster

"She took a deep breath, trying to quell the worry that was winding her nerves into knots.  Adam's note had unsettled her. 'Won't be long. I have to talk to you when I get back, don't go anywhere. A x.'" -- Chapter One, Beneath the Shadows, by Sara Foster

When I found out that I was the lucky winner of an advance copy of Beneath the Shadows, I got excited.  I had read the summary of the book and I had been anticipating it's release this summer.  When I found out I'd get to read it a month before it hits the shelves, I began anxiously awaiting it's arrival in the mail.  It's always fun to read new authors, but I still cannot believe that this was Sara Foster's debut novel! Her poignant writing, leaves me restless with anticipation of her next novel. Beneath the Shadows was brilliantly told, and the characters instantly draw you in. You won't regret picking this one up and whiling away a hot summer day on the couch. 

I literally could not put this book down.  I started reading it the first chance I got yesterday, and I was reading it every spare second for the rest of the day.  I just barely managed to finish it before bed-time last night. 

Beneath the Shadows kept me in thick suspense as Sara wove a story about a woman, Grace, in her determined search to find out how and why her husband, Adam, disappeared a year ago.  I loved how there was just enough foreshadowing to hint at who may have been involved in Adam's disappearance, but it was handed out in such a clever way that it added to the anticipation. In an attempt to carry on with her life after the baffling disappearance of Adam, Grace returns to the place of his disappearance in a hope of finding the answers she so desperately needs.  More importantly, she hopes to find peace so she can move on and raise their daughter Millie, who was born just a few weeks before the disappearance and may never know her father. 

Beneath the Shadows by Sara Foster will be released on June 5, 2012!  Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment