Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Fifty Shades Freed (Book Three of Fifty Shades), by E.L. James


After the disappointment of Darker, I was so relieved to find that I thoroughly enjoyed the final book of the Fifty Shades trilogy.  I was relieved to find that the marriage had been carried out as I began book three, and that Ana and Christian finally seemed to be able to enjoy the bliss of their new relationship as a married couple.

James really surprised me with this last book.  He found the pace that had won me over in the first book, which was so painfully missing in Darker.  If Ana had begun to come into her own in Darker, she truly blossomed in Freed.  Just as the title implies, she and Christian discover so much more about one another and about themselves in Freed that they are finally able to just be.  

James also threw several curve balls in Freed that were sorely lacking in Darker.  Without giving away what unexpected things happened, suffice it to say that both Christian and Ana are pushed to their breaking points that will at times leave you wondering whether or not they will manage to keep their marriage in tact despite everything they must overcome in order to be together and to be happy.

As the final book in a trilogy, Freed was everything I could have hoped for and more.  By the end of the book each and every character had been tied up with a neat little bow and I wasn't left wondering what became of any of the characters I'd grown to love.  I also must confess that I was pleased with the outcomes for each and every one of the characters by the time I finished the book.  Some of these outcomes took me by complete surprise, but they were each perfectly thought out and well written.

As much as I was disappointed in Darker, I was conversely thrilled with Freed. If you struggled to get through Darker and weren't sure you should even bother with Freed despite how much you loved Grey, I urge you to give Freed a chance.  I don't think you'll be disappointed that you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment