Monday, October 8, 2012

The Warrior Heir (#1 Heir Chronicles)


I liked this book.  The only reason I gave it 3 instead of 4 stars was because it was good, just not great.  It had all the elements I enjoy in a story, but nothing was truly amazing.  There was a pretty cool premise, one that I hadn’t seen before in the modern supernatural genre that is so popular now.  It utilized a lot of the fairy tale characters you would expect and a healthy dose of valor and honor thrown in for good measure.  Chima’s characters were likable enough and pretty believable.  There was one or two scenes that I thought could have been done a little better, and might have been more realistic if we’d had a bit more insight into the characters involved beforehand.  I do applaud Chima on not being afraid to think outside the box and for throwing a fair amount of surprises and obstacles into the mix. 

I did really like how realistic Jack was, and how he reacted so predictably to his sudden change in circumstances.  I thought that some of the supporting characters could have used a bit more attention and it might have made the story that much better.  I think that is the only reason it took me longer than usual to read The Warrior Heir.  With its short length I usually would have knocked it out in a day or two maximum, but it ended up taking me about half the week to get through it.  It just seemed that there was something else more interesting to do each day, than to finish it. 

I will read the next book, The Wizard Heir, and I’ll let that one cinch it for me.  If it’s better than good I’ll probably continue with the series, and if it’s only marginal, it will probably be the end of the line for Chima and me.  I should also mention though that I got this as an impulse read while browsing at the library without my list, so for that, it wasn’t half bad.  I have certainly picked worse books in similar situations.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome and an highly interesting post to stumble at on this awesome website! Never input some feedback but now just could not resist
    Thanks for posting this, it was very informative and helped me very much
    The design of this website looks awesome, not bad content either.
    Your responsibility is your response to His ability.
    obst und gemüsereiniger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Odd , your website shows up with a brownish hue to it, what color is the main color on your site?
    Currently its good time to create a few plans for the longer term and it is the moment to take a break. I have learn this post and if I may just I wish to recommend you few interesting issues or advice. Maybe you can post subsequent articles referring to this blogpost. I hope to study more issues of it!


    TOP Google Ranking On Your Site

    ReplyDelete
  3. ated post. I study one thing totally new on totally different blogs everyday. Deciding on one . stimulating to learn the paper content from other writers and be taught a little one thing from their website. I'd like to apply sure of this content material on my blog you're mind. Natually I'll give a hyperlink right here we are at ynegative ion generator reviews consumer reports
    air purifier made in germany
    meat purifier

    ReplyDelete