Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Let's Pretend This Never Happened (A Mostly True Memoir), by Jenny Lawson

Let's Pretend This Never Happened
(A MostlyTrue Memoir)
Written by Jenny Lawson


“I am the Wizard of Oz of housewives (in that I am both "Great and Terrible" and because I sometimes hide behind the curtains.)"--Let's Pretend This Never Happened (A Mostly True Memoir), By Jenny Lawson

Warning, if you do not have a great sense of humor, and are one of those very respectable types, this is not your book. You will be offended and will not understand the humor. If you're more like me, and you enjoy the occasional journey into a wild and wacky irreverent memoir, then this is the memoir for you. I'm dying to hear what others think. I loved it from the first page, all the way to the last. I look forward to her next book.

I first learned about Jenny Lawson, when a friend turned me on to her totally unrighteous, totally hysterical, totally amazing blog, The Bloggess. Jenny is phenomenal. I have loved her blog since day one.

She is just this totally unique, charismatic, nutty character that you can't help but loving. Her humor astounds me. The things she comes up with just literally make me laugh out loud. In fact, I raised quite a few eyebrows at the gym Friday when I was attempting to ride the stationary bike and not fall off while attempting to hold in my giggles. Her blog is always funny, and the book is even funnier, which I would not have thought possible.

In the book Jenny tells you her crazy story of growing up with her quirky family and their ridiculous hijinks that have shaped who she is. You get to hear all about Victor, her husband, who is just this regular everyday guy who happened to fall in love with Jenny. Even her years of teenage angst have their moment in this memoir. What I loved most about this memoir is how through the humor I felt like I really connected to Jenny. I felt like she and I had more in common than I knew. Each of us has a little of Jenny Lawson in us.

That's what she said!

No comments:

Post a Comment